What is the Sports Premium grant?
For the last 10 years, the Government has provided additional funding to schools in order to improve the provision of physical education, activity and sport.
How do we decide what to spend it on?
Our agreed rationale for the use of the Sports Premium funding, is as follows:
- increase the engagement of all children in regular physical activity, regardless of their sporting ability
- raise the profile of PE and sport across the school
- increase staff confidence, knowledge and skills through access to training opportunities and continued professional development
- broaden the range of sports and physical activities available
- increased participation in competitive sport through entering and organising a range of tournaments, competitions and events
- build ongoing and sustainable partnerships with other schools and clubs
How do we evaluate our spending?
Over the course of the academic year we will evaluate the impact of the funding as part of our regular school evaluations and through pupil voice. We look at how well we use the Sports Premium to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sporting provision, including increasing participation at all levels so that pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels that they are capable of. We aim to increase the activity of all children in school, in particular reluctant or vulnerable children.