Manorcroft Primary School PTA is a friendly, welcoming and sociable team of people, aiming to support the school by fundraising through a range of different activities, whilst helping to build a sense of community. As a new parent to the school, you are automatically a member of the PTA and can get involved in as much or as little as you like. It's a great way to get to know other parents and make new friends.
The committee is voted in at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) at the beginning of every Autumn Term. As part of their charitable status, the following posts need to be filled annually - Chair Person, Vice Chair, Secretary and Treasurer. In addition, they can have up to 11 extra committee members. Please click here for a copy of the PTA Constitution.
Friends of the PTA:
There are lots of 'friends of the PTA' who are interested in fundraising and supporting the school, but don’t want to formally be on the committee. Through an email distribution list and social media, the PTA ensure they communicate with everyone re: event updates and recruiting volunteers.
Over the last few years the PTA have supported the school in various ways:
- Funding the outdoor classroom (Gazebo) which is situated on the edge of the KS2 playground
- Supporting hugely with the development of IT across the school - purchasing Chromebooks, visualisers, digital cameras, microphones, etc.
- Supporting the purchase of a brand new audiovisual system for the Hall
- Purchasing new stage lights to enhance school productions
- Funding a travelling Pantomime performance for the whole school to enjoy every January
- Funding World Book Day authors and storytellers to enrich the curriculum